In connection with the World Health Organization’s conclusion and advice and the decision by the Government of Mongolia, the below measures are to be enforced from 01 February until 02 March 2020 in response to the novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV outbreak. As of today, there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in Mongolia. However, Mongolia is considered to be at high risk.
- Entry of foreign nationals into Mongolia through all border crossings with China (air, railway, auto roads) will be restricted.
- Mongolian nationals will be allowed entry into Mongolia through road crossings of Bulgan-Takashiken in Khovd province, Zamyn-Uud-Erlian in Dornogovi province, Bayankhoshuu-Uvdug in Dornod province from 01 February until 05 February 2020 and through Buyant-Ukhaa (Chingis Khaan International Airport) airport and Zamyn-Uud railway port from 06 February until 02 March 2020.
- Foreign nationals are allowed to travel from Mongolia to China through Buyant-Ukhaa airport (Chingis Khaan International Airport) and Zamyn-Uud railway port.
- Mongolian nationals are prohibited from travel to the People’s Republic of China until 02 March 2020.
- Restrictions will not be applied to truck drivers and their vehicles crossing the Mongolia-China border through Bulgan-Takashiken, Shiveekhuu-Sekhee, Gashuunsukhait-Gantsmod, Khangi-Mandal, Zamyn-Uud-Erlian, Bichigt-Zuunkhatavch, and Bayankhoshuu-Uvdug border points.
- No restrictions are imposed on export and imports of goods and products.
Certain restrictions will be applied to foreign nationals applying for visas at the Diplomatic Missions of Mongolia in the People’s Republic of China during the above mentioned period of time. Issuing visas at the Diplomatic Missions of Mongolia at other locations will continue as usual.