Mongolian Visa Information
A VALID PASSPORT AND VISA ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER MONGOLIA.
Please use the following guidelines when applying for a visa at the Embassy of Mongolia.
All visas, excluding multiple entry visas, have a validity period of 3 months only.
When applying for any type of VISA, it is required to submit the following documentation:
1. Passport with a validity date of at least six months beyond the end of the applicant’s intended period of stay in Mongolia, and with at least 3 empty visa pages
2. One photo /standard passport size/
3. Visa Application Form /duly filled in/
4. Round-trip flight itinerary /arrival and departure/
5. Invitation letter or proof of local travel arrangements
6. One copy of IC ( front and back) – applicable for Singaporean citizens / PR / Long term pass holders
7. Visa fee /SGD/:
|7.||Single entry-exit (J,B)||240||15||105|
|8.||Double entry-exit (J,B)||315||15||150|
|9.||Classification HG, H, SH, S||155||15||65|
|10.||Single entry Transit (Т)||150||15||60|
|11.||Double entry Transit (Т)||210||15||120|
|12.||Multiple entry-exit /183 days/||255||475||15||390|
|13.||Multiple entry-exit /365 days/||255||580||15||480|
NON-REFUNDABLE visa fees must be paid to the following bank account prior to applying for a visa at the Embassy of Mongolia:
Account name: Embassy of Mongolia
Account no: 136-311-585-9
Please take note that the Consular section provides service based solely on CASH DEPOSIT PAYMENT SLIP (UOB BANK) and the payment is VALID WITHIN THE MONTH OF PAYMENT. Cash or cheque will not be accepted as a form of payment.
The applicants visa will be processed in 3 working days, however, please be advised that some applications may require more than one week for processing.
Visa application submission schedule:
Monday – Friday: 9.30 – 12.30
Visa collection schedule:
Monday – Friday: 15.00 – 17.00 (except Public Holidays)
Please submit your Visa Application Form along with the following supporting documents:
- Valid passport /minimum validity of 6 months at the time of entering Mongolia/
- Cover letter from employer in Singapore. If student, proof of study in Singapore /official letter from administration department of place of study/
- Official Reference Number from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (for short term stay up to 30 days) or Mongolian Immigration Agency (for long term stay) – submitted by the hosting/partner, event, conference/entity in Mongolia.
- Confirmed hotel booking
- Confirmed flight booking
- Visa fee payment receipt (please refer to the payment instruction)
Types of Business visa:
- 30 day Single-entry Business visa – this visa allows the traveler to stay for up to 30 days in Mongolia, and it is valid for three months (90 days) from the date of issue. This visa is issued by upon receiving pre-approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia.
- 30 day Double-entry Business – this visa allows the traveler to enter Mongolia twice and stay for up to 30 days per entry, and it is valid for three months (90 days) from the date of issue. This visa is issued upon receiving pre-approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia.
- 30 day Multiple-entry (6 months) Business visa – this visa allows the traveler to visit Mongolia for an unlimited number of times within 6 months and stay for up to 30 days per entry. This visa is issued upon receiving pre-approval from the Mongolian Immigration Agency in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- 30 day Multiple-entry (12 months) Business visa – this visa allows the traveler to visit Mongolia for an unlimited number of times within 12 months and stay for up to 30 days per entry. This visa is issued upon receiving pre-approval from the Mongolian Immigration Agency in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Work visas are issued to foreigners, who are planning to stay for more than 90 days in Mongolia through a long-term working contract/agreement with an officially registered Mongolian entity.
– Both Long-stay or Work visas (Category HG) or dependent family visas (Category H) are issued by arrangement with the Mongolian Immigration Agency in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. The business counterpart of the applicant in Mongolia should arrange and assist with contacting the MIA. Once arrangements are made, the MIA will notify the Embassy of Mongolia in Singapore of the approval to issue a visa for the appropriate category. Applicants for long term stay or work visas must submit a letter from the MIA, a letter of invitation from their business counterpart in Mongolia, or a valid proof of their need for such a visa along with other required documents.
PASSPORT VALIDITY WILL BE SCRUTINIZED
According to the order 227, issued by the Head of the Foreigners and Citizenship Office of Mongolia, foreign nationals with a passport validity of no less than 12 months may apply for an entry visa for personal or business purposes, while foreign nationals with a passport validity of no less than 6 months may get extended his or her permit for continued stay on private and business purposes since June 20, 2008.
Foreign nationals who are planning to stay in Mongolia for more than 30 days are required to register and get pre-approval from the Mongolian Immigration Agency.
Mongolian Immigration Agency
Buyant Ukhaa, Khan-uul district, 10th horoo, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:00
Phone: +976-7013-3459, +976-9314-1002
Web page: http://immigration.gov.mn/
Find it on Google map: