A valid passport and visa are required to travel to Mongolia. Before applying for a visa, please check your visa requirement status to enter Mongolia.
To apply for a visa with a validity of 30 days or less it is required to submit in person the following documentation:
- Passport with a validity date of at least six months beyond the end of the applicant’s intended period of stay in Mongolia;
- Visa Application Form with one photo /passport size/ Download Application Form;
- Copy of passport details page and local identity card;
- Copy of flight itinerary;
- Copy of confirmed hotel booking;
- Payment of visa fee:
- Single entry visa – S$ 240.00 for Australian citizens; S$ 15.00 for Indian citizens; S$ 105.00 for all others;
- Double entry visa – S$ 315.00 for Australian citizens; S$ 15.00 for Indian citizens; S$ 150.00 for all others;
- Multiple entry visa (6 months) – S$ 475.00 for Australian citizens; S$ 15.00 for Indian, South Korean citizens; S$ 390.00 for all others; (Requires Pre-Approval from the Immigration Agency of Mongolia)
- Multiple entry visa (12 months) – S$ 580.00 for Australian citizens; S$ 15.00 for Indian, South Korean citizens; S$ 480.00 for all others; (Requires Pre-Approval from the Immigration Agency of Mongolia)
- HG, H, SH, S entry visa – S$ 155.00 for Australian citizens; S$ 15.00 for Indian, South Korean citizens; S$ 65.00 for all others; (Children under 18 years of age with either a father or mother who hold a valid Mongolian passport will be issued a 90 day “H” entry visa without charge)
- Transit visa – S$ 150.00 for Australian citizens; S$ 15.00 for Indian citizens; S$ 60.00 for others.
- Proof of visa fee payment. (VISA APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT HARD COPY OF PROOF OF PAYMENT)
- All required documentation must be printed out when handing in your application.
- BUSINESS type visas with a duration of stay of up to 30 days are issued based on pre-approval from the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia;
- For individuals staying in Mongolia for more than 30 days, or obtaining multiple entry visas for work / study, it is required to receive pre-approval from the Immigration Agency of Mongolia. You may apply for pre-approval with the assistance of your partners or supporters in Mongolia;
- Visa application is processed in within 3 working days upon receiving required documentation. However, please be advised that certain applications will require up to 10 working days for processing;
- Visa is valid for entry within 90 days upon the issuance (Date of Issue) and its duration (Duration of Stay) counts from the date of entrance;
- PASSPORT VALIDITY WILL BE SCRUTINIZED:
- In accordance with Order 227, issued by the Director of the Immigration Agency of Mongolia, foreign nationals with a passport validity date of no less than 12 months may receive permission for stay or approval for entry visa for private or business purposes, while foreign nationals with a passport validity date of no less than 6 months may extend his or her permit for continued stay for private and business purposes starting from 20 June 2008.
Payment can be made to the following bank account:
Account Name: Embassy of Mongolia
Account No.: 136-311-585-9
Visa Submission Hours:
Monday-Friday 09:30AM – 12:30PM
Visa Collection Hours:
Monday-Friday 15:00PM – 17:00PM
Embassy of Mongolia
600 North Bridge Road #24-08